1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Universal Holidays Sweepstakes (“the sweepstakes”) is open to Central Florida residents (who reside in the counties of Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard, Lake, Marion, Sumter, Volusia, Flagler or Polk), 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of WFTV, Inc., Universal Orlando®, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at twelve 12 a.m. (E.S.T.) on Monday, December 3rd, 2012 and end at 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) on Sunday, December 18th, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting the “Universal Holiday” official registration page on the WFTV.com website at www.wftv.com, completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button.
Enter as often as you like provided that multiple entries by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the entry deadline to be held on or about December 20th, 2012.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive four (4) Preferred Annual Passes valid for admission to Universal Studios and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks. (Annual Passes are activated on first day of use and are valid for one (1) year from that date.
ARV of $1,190.96) and Four (4) theater tickets to see Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando Resort (Dates & times subject to availability) plus One (1) Universal Orlando Resort general parking pass valid through January 31, 2013.
NOTE: The Grand Prize must be awarded within the Program Dates and winner must travel by January 31, 2013, or winner will forfeit Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner’s name, address, telephone number(s) and date of birth must be sent to Lindsay Goodman via fax at 407-363-8237 or via e-mail at Lindsay.Goodman@universalorlando.com no later than close of business on December 18, 2012, or station will forfeit prize. Winner must be 18 years of age or older.
Twenty (20) Secondary winners will receive Two (2) 1-Day/2-Park Universal Orlando tickets valid for admission to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks valid through January 31, 2013. (Approximate retail value of Secondary Prize is $341.96). A contestant may only win a maximum of one prize package in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified by telephone on or about October 16th, 2009. Sponsor will call only once during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner during this call may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner is required to come to the WFTV Channel 9 studios located at 490 East South Street, Orlando, FL 32801 to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law). Failure to sign the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor(s). For prize winner list (available after December 20, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to WFTV Channel 9, 490 East South Street, Orlando, FL 32801, Attn: Universal Holiday Sweepstakes.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Universal Holiday Sweepstakes is sponsored by WFTV, Inc. The decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact WFTV Channel 9, Attn: Pavi Vega, 407-841-9000.