Say It Loud
1121 N Mills Avenue
6:00 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, 2013
7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013
10:00 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013
7:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013
Food | Wine
Local entertainer and event producer Mark Baratelli presents the Cardboard Art Festival, January 25th through 27th, 2013 at Say It Loud in Orlando.
A pop up dinner, art show and music performance highlight the inaugural year of TheDailyCity.com Cardboard Art Festival! Seven artists have filled a large modern warehouse space with cardboard art hanging from the ceiling, stuck to the walls and free-standing on the ground. Over the course of three evenings, fun events are planned in the space.
Friday January 25
- 6pm - 12am
- Opening night party, $5 admission (pay at the door only, cash only). Opening reception with music and dancing with DJ Nigel and tons of cardboard sculptures filling up the space created by Evan Miga, Jessica Earley, Brendan O'Connor, Christie Miga, Adriaan Mol, Doug Rhodehamel, Nathan Selikoff. Wine and beer by donation.
Saturday January 26
- 7:30pm - 11pm
- The pop-up dinner "ClandesDine Orlando" $75 admission. Limited seating to 50 guests. Pre-pay online at this link. Enjoy a 5-course pop-up dinner with a surprise menu created by Chef Bryce Balluff taking place inside the exhibit. Menu revealed that evening only. Musical performances by Orlando Symphony Youth Orchestra. Unexpected venue, surprise menu, live orchestral music all combine to make for a fun evening.
Sunday January 27
- 10am-11:30am for kids 7 and under
- 12pm-1:00pm for kids 8 and above
- Kids Matinee Sponsored and hosted by Kids Fringe and Mennello Museum of American Art $1 admission. Kids only! Attendees will get to (1) use cardboard to build and decorate their very own mask, hat, or wings, (2) meet the famed Dog Powered Robot and (3) get a chance to tour the entire exhibit.
- 7:30pm - 12am
- Dog Powered Robot + Andy Matchett & the Minks, $5 admission (pay at the door, cash only), wine and beer by donation. Dog Powered Robot is a fantastic group of cardboard robots defending the world against evil via a robot powered by a pomeranian. Andy Matchett & the Minks is a very popular and fun musical group.