You're flipping through a magazine at your doctor's office or even at home and you spot THE hairstyle. It would be the perfect look for an upcoming wedding, gala or fundraiser. You either look to see if anyone's looking at you and you tear that page right out of the magazine (I've seen people do this
) or you take out your phone and snap a pic (the best and most respectful way
Now that you have the picture, all you need to figure out is how you're going to do it. You can go to a stylist at a nearby salon and spend upwards of $100 or you can figure out how to do it on your own. You're basically choosing between convenience and saving money. I always choose the latter (you can also wear your hair more than once
After using curling irons for years (plus, damage
), I always look for alternative tools that will give me the "it" look without damaging my hair.
In comes TopStyler
, my newest buddy. A hair styling system that uses heated
ceramic styling shells to give you the look you want without heat
damage and drying out your hair. It uses a low heat (200F, hair burns at 250F
) giving a cocoon-like effect. This process allows the curl to naturally set.
If you've been contemplating on purchasing the Topstyler, here are some pros and cons of the tool (The company sent me the system to test out so that I can review it for our readers
- Low heat does not damage your hair
- Convenience of doing your own hair in the comfort of your home at anytime
- You can adjust the size of your waves or curls by the tightness or looseness of your hair when you wrap it around your finger (make sure you watch the included DVD
- Using it on your children (this is based on your own discretion
- Doesn't take up too much of your time and you can still multitask with the shells on your head
- Cost is a lot less compared to it's competitors (the lowest price I see on Google search is $46.99
- Practice makes perfect (It took me about 7 uses before I could easily slide the hair off my fingers to get it in the clamp)
- If you have thick hair like mine, you should put a styling product on such as a spray or gel before putting the hair in the clamp. The first few times my hair fell back flat after an hour or so without a styling product.
- If you have lots of hair, you may have to do a second round of clamping. I had to because I have hair enough for 3 people.
All in all, this hair styling tool is one that is a keeper! If I can style my own hair in the convenience of my home while not damaging my hair and saving money, it's a winner in my book! If you're still on the fence, you can do a 30 day trial for $14.99 for 2 TopStyler
s. If you decide to keep it, one is free. Also, with this in-store email signup coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond
, you can save 20% off a TopStyler which is priced at $59.99, bringing the price down to $49.99
(and you don't have to pay shipping since it's in store
)Add a Comment