If you haven’t done your fall maintenance you will probably want to get to it pretty soon to make sure everything runs as efficiently as possible and you save the most money you possibly can this year. And, most importantly, so you don’t experience any problems.
Here is a list of the common things to start your fall maintenance:
1. Check your heating system including filters, pilot lights and burners. Have the system serviced by a qualified professional such as Del-Air. Cleaning and servicing your units now can save you a lot of money later. Learn steps to boost your furnace's efficiency and how to replace the furnace filter yourself.
2. Clean and vacuum dust from vents, baseboard heaters and cold-air returns. Dust build-up in ducts is a common and major cause of indoor pollutants and can increase incidences of illnesses. Consider hiring a pro to clean the hard-to-reach ductwork.
3. Paint interior rooms while it's still warm enough to leave windows open. This is a good rule to follow as well for shampooing or replacing carpets. Give a fresh start to your interiors just in time for fall and winter parties and family gatherings.
4. Caulk exterior joints around windows and doors. Caulking will help keep your house weather-tight and reduce your heating and cooling bills. In addition, it can also help keep insects and other "critters" out of your house. Also, it is a good idea to caulk before painting, it eliminates edges where the paint may start to peel in the future.
5. Protect your home from uninvited critters. As urban limits expand, more and more homeowners have to contend with wildlife in their yards and houses. I know I have personally. By installing grates, securing trash containers, and even humane traps may help you deal with any issues.
6. Start to put away tools and equipment left outdoors during the summer such as play equipment, lawn mowers, barbeques, gardening tools and hoses. It may be time to winterize your pool, too.
7. Review and consider the condition of your roof. Be proactive and prevent emergency -- and expensive --repairs. Find out about common trouble spots and how to locate a leak from inside.
8. Next to checking your roof, insulating your home is one of the most important tasks to accomplish before the onslaught of cooler months. Insulation goes beyond simple weatherstripping and caulking and may be a job for professionals. The money and energy you'll save will make the job worth it.
10. Inspect and clean your storm windows to get them ready for installation. Storm windows can help you save energy during the cold months and are significantly less expensive than putting in new double- or triple-glazed windows.
- - - - - - - - - -
Del-Air is Florida's Premier Heating, Air Conditioning, and Electrical Company. We are competitively priced and with the largest service fleet of professional technicians in Florida, providing 7 day, 24 hour emergency repair service, you can trust Del-Air to exceed your expectations. Del-Air is a Florida air conditioning company which services Orlando Air Conditioning, Tampa Air Conditioning, Jacksonville Air Conditioning, Melbourne Air Conditioning, Palm Beach Air Conditioning and Fort Myers Air Conditioning customers. Del-Air is an employee-owned company dedicated to our customers
- - - - - - - - - -