We’re all big fans of the best-selling 2014 Toyota Tundra here at Toyota of Clermont. This popular truck was a seamless mix of power and style since day one, but recent redesigns that were applied this model year have taken it to an all new level, giving it a more chiseled and sophisticated look alongside two new special models AND major technology upgrades. However, it looks like the next big step in the Toyota Tundra’s life may be in terms of performance – it’s rumored that this new Toyota truck near Orlando may be available in a diesel engine come 2016!
Will the 2016 Toyota Tundra near Orlando boast diesel power?
What’s so great about a diesel-powered new Toyota Tundra near Orlando? Plenty! Not only will this truck be breaking major barriers in Toyota’s current lineup, offering the only diesel Toyota truck option in the US, it will also lend plenty of benefits to drivers who choose to put it in their driveways! There are a ton of perks to driving a diesel-powered truck, and we’re about to break them down for you so you can see if this new Toyota truck might be a smart buy on your part!
First, however, here are the details we’ve heard so far about the Toyota Tundra getting a diesel engine:
- The engine in question would be a 5.7L V8 turbodiesel from Cummins, an extremely popular and reliable engine maker in the US.
- Power would definitely be taken up a level – you can expect to find at least 300 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque on your side, meaning your towing, hauling, and performance capabilities will be seriously boosted
- 2016 is the year this Toyota truck is set to debut
What’s so great about a diesel-powered new Toyota truck?
That’s all we know so far, but we’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, why not see if a diesel engine is the best bet for you? Here are some of the benefits that a new Toyota Tundra near Orlando would offer should it get decked out with diesel:
- Less maintenance – diesel engines are rumored to be more reliable by their owners, and they require less maintenance than traditional gasoline engines.
- More power – as evidenced by the new performance capabilities the truck would boast, you can definitely count on more horsepower and torque should you go diesel. More of these qualities means much more efficiency when it comes to towing and hauling, as well as acceleration and speed.
- Fuel efficiency – diesel engines are actually more fuel efficient, although the gas is a bit pricier. You can get up to 20% more fuel economy if you go diesel-powered!
As you can see, there are a ton of perks to this incredible diesel proposal – why not get more info at our Toyota dealership near Orlando? We’re just off the Florida Turnpike at 16851 State Road 50– we’ll see you soon!