George Zimmerman re-launches website to raise funds


SANFORD, Fla. - George Zimmerman re-launched his website on Friday. He took down the site, "the real" for a few hours Thursday night, after posting a brand new video of himself rallying support and donations.

He said the site is to communicate with his supporters, set the facts straight and to try to raise money.

"My goal is to personally, and individually, thank you all," wrote Zimmerman.

The 28-year-old posted video just hours after his interview with Sean Hannity.  In the video, he speaks directly to his core supporters who are confident he killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in self-defense.

"It's our website where you can personally communicate with me. And I hope to be your website to provide facts," Zimmerman said.

Several months ago, when Mark O'Mara agreed to represent Zimmerman, the attorney forced his client to take the website down. However, O'Mara said he approved the re-launch and the video.

WFTV learned that the $211,000 that Zimmerman had in his defense fund last week was wiped out by miscellaneous expenses, security and the second bond he paid to get out of jail.

Zimmerman has only raised a few thousand dollars since the Hannity interview, but O'Mara said that's because Hannity did not keep his promise to promote the new website.