Scholarships awarded to local high school and college students.
The Parrish Medical Center Auxiliary recently awarded 20 scholarships of $1,000 each to students living in the North Brevard Hospital District who are pursuing a degree in a health-related field and have a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
Listed by the school they were attending when they applied, the recipients are:
- Astronaut High School: Jada Britt and Carly Doyon
- Titusville High School: Amanda Akimenko, Deshon Davis, Katie Gainer, Kaley Galbreath, Alex Horner, Amelia Melzer, Nirav Modha, and Elena Simonsen
- Merritt Island Christian Academy: Alyssa Allen
- Brevard Community College: Donald Duzak, Sarah Oswald, and Megan Witcher
- University of Central Florida: Amanda Cox, Katherine Ivey, Christopher Mirabile and Nehal Modha
- University of Florida: Jimmie Bledsoe and Joseph Dean
About the Parrish Medical Center Auxiliary
The Parrish Medical Center Auxiliary was founded in 1959 to provide volunteer services throughout the hospital. Today, the Auxiliary consists of over 400 adult and teenage volunteers. Auxiliary members not only perform necessary duties for hospital staff, but also manage the Pink Angel Gift Shop and conduct annual fundraising activities. As a result, the Auxiliary donates more than $150,000 to the hospital each year. For more information about the Parrish Medical Center Auxiliary, visit parrishmed.com.