• 5 Ocala residents suffer carbon monoxide poisoning


    OCALA, Fla. -  Authorities said five people have been sent to the hospital after being overcome by fumes while using a generator inside their house in Ocala.

    Ocala Fire Rescue spokesman Brian Stoothoff said everyone in the house was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Someone was able to call 911 shortly before 1 a.m. Friday.

    All five are expected to recover.

    Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless. Stoothoff reminds people not to use generators inside their homes.

    Next Up: