Updated:GAINESVILLE, Fla. —
An 11-year-old boy remains hospitalized Monday after he was bitten by one of the most venomous snakes in the country.
Benjamin Smith was running through a wooded area at a friend's birthday
party when he was bitten by an eastern diamondback rattlesnake.
Doctors said they have given Smith 66 vials of antivenin over the last week.
Luckily, Smith lives just a few miles from Shands Hospital in Gainesville, where doctors have access to a big supply of the
The snake was killed, authorities said.