NORTH MIAMI - Authorities say a faulty pool light appears to be the cause of a 7-year-old boy being killed at his South Florida home.
North Miami police say a nanny was watching Calder Sloan swim in a backyard pool Sunday when he was electrocuted. The jolt reportedly catapulted him out of the water as he raced a friend.
The boy's father, Chris Sloan, told The Miami Herald they hired a contractor to fix the pool light last year, but he hadn't had time to retrieve records of the repair. The family has not stayed at the home since Calder Sloan's death.
North Miami building department records don't indicate any permits pulled or inspections done at the Sloan home in the past year.
Police say the investigation is far from over.
Cops: Faulty pool light causes 7-year-old's electrocution death
1 person injured after 2 homes catch fire in Kissimmee, officials say
Boy, 13, dies after DUI suspect hits 5 children near Poinciana bus stop,…
Maitland High School student charged with luring men to be carjacked…
‘Dad, I need your help,' daughter screams before DUI suspect plows into…