• Fire destroys triplex unit in Daytona Beach


    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - A resident trying to light a fire place with kerosene may be to blame for starting a triplex fire early Wednesday morning in Daytona Beach, according to the fire department.

    Firefighters said the kerosene spilled out from the fireplace and set the carpet and couch on fire in one of the units on the 700 block of Segrave Street.

    When firefighters arrived, they said the entire unit was engulfed in flames and was destroyed.

    Firefighters said two other units also have some damage.

    No injuries were reported.

    Next Up: