Updated:ORLANDO, Fla. —
Orlando police said they're convinced a retired police officer sexually battered a woman who was in his custody while he was still on the force.
Channel 9 obtained the internal Affairs report on former Officer Rod Johnson, and it shows he may have even gotten the victim pregnant.
The former 20-year veteran of the force suddenly left the department after being charged with raping a young woman while on duty. It has been recommended he possibly be stripped of his pension.
Investigators called on Johnson to testify for an Internal Affairs interview, but he submitted his retirement paperwork, backdating it the day before the scheduled interview.
In October, investigator Chris Newton wrote, "The evidence is clear to prove Officer Johnson committed sexual battery while on duty and in his uniform."
Details of the alleged encounter are outlined in the 14-page Internal Affairs report.
The alleged incident happened on Oct. 16 at Citgo gas station on South Orange Blossom Trail.
Johnson arrested a 22-year-old known prostitute, suspecting she stole a vehicle. He then allegedly drove to a nearby police substation, raped her and then paid the victim $40.
“Gun, belt, mace, I was very intimidated,” the victim said.
Jamal Lutfi witnessed the woman’s arrest and was interviewed by Internal Affairs detectives.
“She said, ‘I don't have a choice. He had a gun. He’s a police officer,’” said Lufti. “I said, ‘Still, if you were a prostitute, you had the right to stop him.’"
The report also said the victim conceived a child and it may have been Johnson's. But the victim said she suffered a miscarriage last month.
Orlando police Chief John Rooney said Wednesday the community can be assured the department will investigate all claims against its own.
Orlando police released a statement Wednesday morning saying, "Chief Rooney takes all allegations against employees seriously. The community can rest assured that OPD will always ensure fair and complete investigations and that there is appropriate discipline."
Johnson has denied the allegations, and has not been convicted of rape by the courts. His criminal trial starts in June.