Ocala resident suffers burns on hands, feet in house fire

Updated:

Courtesy Ocala Fire Rescue

MARION COUNTY, Fla - Ocala Fire Rescue said it responded to a mobile home fire at Oaktree Village Saturday evening.

A neighbor said they smelled the smoke coming from the mobile home on Northwest Blitchton Road and called 911, according to a Battalion Chief.

According to crews at the scene, one of the tenants had left food cooking on the stove and fell asleep.

A resident and a neighbor tried using fire extinguishers to put out the flames before fire crews arrived.

One of the residents was transported to a local hospital with burns to their hands and feet.