- Polk County Fire Rescue is providing sandbags in Bartow and Winter Haven for residents who may need them. Sites will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., until the storm water subsides.
- Residents are limited to 25 bags and will need to bring shovels to fill their sandbags.
- Fire Rescue staff will assist in loading sandbags if they are available.
- The sandbag sites are:
- Providence Fire Station - North Lakeland - 8936 N. US 98
- Former Crystal Lake Fire Station - East Lakeland - 2450 E. Main Street
- Mulberry Area One Maintenance Unit - 900 5th St. NE
- There is a video demonstrating how to use sandbags properly around doors of your home or business is available on the Fire Rescue website at www.polkfire.polkfl.com <http://www.polkfire.polkfl.com>.
- In Ocala, sandbags are available at Tuscawilla Park.
Sandbag sites for Polk County and Ocala residents
Matthew could become a ‘dangerous hurricane' over the weekend
Minivan hits bicycle on Semoran Boulevard, northbound lanes shut down
Police to continue search after human remains found in Kissimmee woods
Three sentenced in Florida undocumented alien marriage-for-citizenship scheme