- Polk County Fire Rescue is providing sandbags in Bartow and Winter Haven for residents who may need them. Sites will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., until the storm water subsides.
- Residents are limited to 25 bags and will need to bring shovels to fill their sandbags.
- Fire Rescue staff will assist in loading sandbags if they are available.
- The sandbag sites are:
- Providence Fire Station - North Lakeland - 8936 N. US 98
- Former Crystal Lake Fire Station - East Lakeland - 2450 E. Main Street
- Mulberry Area One Maintenance Unit - 900 5th St. NE
- There is a video demonstrating how to use sandbags properly around doors of your home or business is available on the Fire Rescue website at www.polkfire.polkfl.com <http://www.polkfire.polkfl.com>.
- In Ocala, sandbags are available at Tuscawilla Park.