SANFORD, Fla. - Six shootings made Sanford a dangerous place to be over the weekend.
Last week, WFTV reported that police believed a decade-old grudge sparked a series of revenge shootings that began in October. Investigators said the grudge was between several men, including Kenneth Hunt, Albert Thompson III and Jamiro-Quan McGill.
But Monday, investigators told Channel 9's the weekend's gun violence had nothing to do with the revenge plot.
said fortunately, no one was hurt in the latest shootings, but they're still asking the community for help in putting a stop to the violence.
One resident who asked to remain anonymous said a bullet struck her home, going through a wall and into her dining room before coming to a stop inside a chair.
"I would never expect for my house to get hit," she said.
That woman believes it's a miracle that no one was hit by the bullet, especially her children, because they love to sit on the couch to watch TV.
Other scenes were at McKay Boulevard, the intersection of Armory and First Street, Oleander Avenue, 13th Place, Wilner Circle and Donna Circle.
"The people doing this have a totally disregard for human life," said Capt. James McAuliffe of the Sanford Police Department.
Since October, police said, the shootings have been mostly drive-bys and often, the shooters are using high-powered guns.
Police plan to increase patrols aimed at getting illegal guns away from criminals. They're also urging anyone who knows anything about the shootings to give them a call.