Students evacuate during apartment fire near UCF

Updated:

ORLANDO, Fla. - Students who live at an apartment complex near the University of Central Florida had to evacuate during a fire in the building at Knights Circle, Orange County authorities said.

Orange and Seminole County Fire Rescue crews put out the fire that they said may have been started by a clothes dryer bursting into flames. 

One student WFTV talked to said he watched a man jump to safety.

"I live on the balcony across the thing.  I saw one of the roommates jump off the balcony.  Yeah, it was flames.  I didn't really see the flames.  I saw the smoke come out, a lot of black smoke.  I seen eight fire trucks pull up," said student Jonathan Fabias.

There were no injuries reported.