A mistake made by a maintenance crew led to the evacuation of an Orange County Waffle House early Monday morning.
Several workers got sick after being overcome by fumes at the restaurant on Colonial Drive after someone mixed the wrong chemicals, Channel 9 has learned.
When crews arrived, the workers were outside the building coughing.
Three workers were taken to the hospital for evaluation. No customers were affected.
"Everybody was outside, the building was evacuated, all the patients and employees were outside the building upon our arrival," said Orange County Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Juan Atan.
The restaurant reopened by noon.
Waffle House workers overcome by chemical fumes in Orange County
Investigation into hit-and-run, fatal deputy-involved shooting continues…
Drivers grapple with newest major change to Maitland Boulevard Wednesday
Baby 'Jet' born 14 weeks early on mid-air flight to Orlando remains in…
Deputies: 9-year-old autistic boy found outside, alone, 'whimpering'…