The largest collector car auction in the world lived up to its moniker once again with Mecum’s Kissimmee, Fla., event, held January 17 - 26, offering a grand total of 2,750 cars throughout the 10 days of bidding and hard-hammering sales. Auction sales reached $63,435,490 in total with 1,759 of the vehicles exchanging hands for a sell-through rate of 64 percent!
The top 5 sales list for Mecum’s Kissimmee auction includes (all individual sales reflect hammer prices):
1. 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S143) at $560,000
2. 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe (Lot S179) at $530,000
3. 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Convertible (Lot S165.1) at $510,000
4. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Tanker (Lot S150.1) at $475,000
5. 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Big Tank Coupe (Lot S181.1) at $350,000