Updated:KISSIMMEE, Fla. —
The largest collector car auction in the world lived up to its moniker once again with Mecum’s Kissimmee, Fla., event, held January 17 - 26, offering a grand total of 2,750 cars throughout the 10 days of bidding and hard-hammering sales. Auction sales reached $63,435,490 in total with 1,759 of the vehicles exchanging hands for a sell-through rate of 64 percent!
Despite nationwide weather problems, the auction still managed to bring buyers and sellers together with overall attendance reaching more than 70,000 spectators. More than 48 hours were broadcast on NBC Sports and Esquire networks drawing more viewers than any other live Mecum auction broadcast in history.
The top 5 sales list for Mecum’s Kissimmee auction includes (all individual sales reflect hammer prices):
1. 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S143) at $560,000
2. 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe (Lot S179) at $530,000
3. 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Convertible (Lot S165.1) at $510,000
4. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Tanker (Lot S150.1) at $475,000
5. 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Big Tank Coupe (Lot S181.1) at $350,000