Updated:TALLAHASSEE, Fla. —
The Florida Nurses Association, the League of Women Voters of Florida and other nursing groups have kicked off a voter registration drive targeting more than 250,000 registered nurses.
The campaign, called Florida Nurses: We Care, We Vote, takes place the week of July 9.
It is a non-partisan effort to register nurses prior to the 2012 elections, according to the League of Women Voters of Florida.
"It's difficult to ignore the voices of more than 250,000 registered nurses,'' said FNA Executive Director Willa Fuller in a press release. "By showing that nurses care and vote, we think politicians will be more likely to pay closer attention to the issues that affect us, our patients and our profession."
Voter registration forms will be available this week at the following locations:
- Jacksonville University, School of Nursing, 2800 University Blvd., 2nd floor, Jacksonville
- Jackson & Joyce Dentistry, 1910 SE 18 Ave., Ocala
- Rasmussen College of Nursing, 2100 SW 22 Place, Ocala
- Florida Nurses Association, 1235 E. Concord St., Orlando
- University of Central Florida, College of Nursing, 12201 Research Parkway, 3rd Floor, Orlando
- Miami Children's Hospital Doral Outpatient Center, 3601 NW 107 Ave., Doral
- Haile Village Bistro, 5323 SW 91 Terrace, Gainesville
Other nurses groups joining the campaign are the Florida Association of Nurse Anesthetists, Florida Network of Nurse Practitioners, the Florida Gerontological Nurses Association and the Florida Student Nurses Association.
To learn more about Florida Nurses: We Care, We Vote, please visit www.we-care-we-vote.com.