The Tour de Cure is a series of fundraising cycling events held in 44 states nationwide to benefit the American Diabetes Association.
WRDQ 27 Community Connection is coming up March 16th, 2014. It's not too late to join us! Register your team or go as an individual rider, click here for more information.
Where: UCF College of Medicine
Address: 6850 Lake Nona Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827
Registration Fee: $25
Fundraising Minimum: $200
Route Distances: 10, 25, 50, 70, 101 miles
Contact your event manager, Cesar Cesareo:
email@example.com | 1-888-DIABETES x3037
Please mail checks to the local office:
American Diabetes Association
ATTN: ATTN:Tour de Cure
2290 Lucien Way, Suite 230
Maitland, FL 32751
46 Days to event. 70 teams. 779 riders. Join us!
The Tour is a ride, not a race, with routes designed for everyone from the occasional rider to the experienced cyclist. Whether you ride 10 miles or 100 miles, you will travel a route supported from start to finish with rest stops, food to fuel the journey and fans to cheer you on!
Each Tour de Cure event has its own character and style—from unique starting points to gorgeous scenery and more! Choose your state and read more about your local Tour. No matter where you ride you'll enjoy a fun day on your bike for a great cause.
Your typical Tour de Cure experience:
1) Arrive for your check-in time to get your rider number and turn in any donations
2) Enjoy the breakfast provided and have a stretch before making your way to the starting line
3) Our Opening Ceremonies will inspire you to have a great ride for a great reason. The Red Riders lead everyone out—they are why we ride!
4) Take advantage of the full route support provided: SAG cars and motorcycles keeping an eye on the roads to keep you safe; bike mechanics for any equipment issues; full rest stops with food and drink to keep you energized and hydrated
5) Ride the well-marked and beautiful routes in each community across the nation: from rolling farmland to ocean views, city streets, some serious hills and smooth, flat roads. Every Tour has great routes for you to choose from in various distances and levels for beginners through experienced cyclists.
6) You’ll be welcomed back across the finish line as a hero in the fight to Stop Diabetes!
7) Meet up with friends, family or teammates and have a delicious lunch. Enjoy all of the finish line festivities—it’s a party for our participants! Have a massage*, visit our sponsor and vendor booths, listen to the music/entertainment, visit the kid’s zone* if you brought the family, or chat with fellow riders if you came solo. Spend a great afternoon in the company of friends.