WFTV 9 Family Connection is proud to support UCP of Central Florida. If you'd like to get involved and support them, learn more here.
UCP of Central Florida serves the Central Florida community with a unique platform: a SET of services providing support, education and therapy for children with and without special needs. It is because of your contributions that six campuses offer year-round programs to more than 2,400 children and families. Your support is needed more than ever as more than 75% of children attending UCP live in poverty with parents struggling to provide basic needs. UCP services and programs through your support can enhance individualized learning plans in an inclusive environment to provide essential needs such as:
- Allowing a child with Cerebral Palsy, who has limited motor skills and use of his hands, to participate with classmates by using a touch screen computer and improve communication with peers and instructors.
- Offering Education City software on net books for children with developmental delays to overcome barriers in building reading and math skills.
- Improving social skills of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders by utilizing Video Social Stories with Flip cameras to generate awareness of behaviors and encourage modifications.
- Supplying a riding toy or tricycle to build gross-motor skills for a physically disabled student.
- Or simply grant a therapy session for a child who otherwise could not afford time with a specialist to put technology learned skills into motion.
Fourteen percent of Central Florida’s youth have a disability; that’s over 65,000 children age 18 or younger. Only 50% of those receive therapy or early intervention services. UCP is here for these youth and families and committed to unlocking the potential of children with varying disabilities but we need your help! Thank you for impacting the mission of UCP of Central Florida.
About UCP of Central Florida:
UCP of Central Florida is the experts for children with special needs and provides support, education, and therapy services for children, with and without disabilities, ages birth through 21. Services are offered at six not-for-profit school and therapy center locations throughout Central Florida: downtown Orlando, East Orlando near UCF, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Pine Hills and Winter Garden. More than 2,400 children and their families received services provided by UCP last year. For more information about programs and services, visit www.ucpcfl.org or call (407) 852-3300.