ORLANDO, Fla. - ConnecTV has partnered with WFTV and Cox Media Group to rollout the largest-ever social media platform for television.
What is ConnecTV and how does it work?:
- A social network that works across all channels and all shows for both real-time and time-shifted television viewing.
- Delivers a rich content experience that syncs instantly with the show you’re watching and delivers complementary play-by-play stats, news, information and quotes that can be shared with friends and followers -- all with a single touch.
- Viewers can also invite specific friends to join them for “viewing parties” and chat about their favorite shows and sporting events.
- Seamless integration with Twitter and Facebook allows users to connect and organize their friends, favorite shows and social engagement all focused on TV.
- Uses a combination of content recognition algorithms, closed caption and a diverse mix of more than 100 data sources to drive the accuracy, relevancy and speed of synchronization with television programming.
ConnecTV is available as a free download for the iPad from the Apple App Store or for any PC browser at www.connectv.com. ConnecTV will be introducing versions for the iPhone and Android smartphone and tablets in the next 45 days.
Viewers of ConnecTV will immediately receive additional social television benefits that include synchronization of local news, weather, sports and entertainment programming along with social polls.
While all ConnecTV users will enjoy an extraordinary viewing experience, TV fans who watch along with ConnecTV’s local partner stations will have the advantage of heightened benefits, including:
- Social conversations sparked locally by on-air personalities and station production staff surrounding news, sports and entertainment topics of the day.
- Special companion content that is synced to local broadcast news, sports and entertainment programming.
- ConnecTV instant “TalkBack” social polls mirroring those on the air to increase communication with local audiences.
- Relevant local marketing that is synched to television advertising spots, or engages the “viewser” in new ways that activate both national and local marketing campaigns.
- Simultaneous promotions of upcoming news stories, local specials and national programming on both the main and second screens.