When you buy a new Toyota near Orlando, you definitely have to make sure that it’s not just suited for you as the driver. It also needs to be safe and accommodating for your passengers, including babies and children! That’s where you come in. We provide you with incredible new Toyota safety features, but you have to take the initiative to baby proof your car yourself! Luckily, Toyota of Clermont is here to help you get it done quickly and efficiently with a handy checklist!
Buy the right car seat for your new Toyota near Orlando!
The first step to take when you’re about to baby proof your car is to definitely make sure you buy and properly install the correct car seat. Car seats aren’t universal – there are different types and sizes, so make sure you buy the one best suited to your tiny passenger. As far as installing it in your new Toyota near Orlando, you can visit a local police station or fire station and they can help you install it properly.
- Invest in a sunshade for your new Clermont Toyota! Even if you have your windows tinted, the sun can get pretty intense. Buy an infant sunshade to protect your kids when they’re in the backseat, especially during summer!
- Make sure your backseat is cleared out and clean. You don’t want anything that could be dangerous to your children within arm’s reach, like chemicals, sharp objects, etc.. Store everything that you can back in the cargo area or trunk where your small passengers can’t get their hands on it!
- You should, however, stock your backseat with things to keep your kids occupied – this will help you focus on your drivetime without interruptions. Put crayons, stuffed animals, and anything else that doesn’t pose a hazard in the backseat of your new Toyota!
- Part of baby proofing your car is modifying your own driving habits! Follow the rules of traffic and drive safely – baby proofing and safety technology can only take you so far, and it’s up to you to ensure that you fulfill your obligation to focus on the road and drive safely.
- You should also enable the child safety locks in your new Toyota near Orlando! These will ensure that no one accidentally opens a door or a window while you’re in motion (or even stopped at a light). All you have to do is flick a button!
Toyota of Clermont is here to help you baby proof your car today!
The most important rule? NEVER leave a child in the car by themselves. EVER! Period. Temperatures can quickly rise or fall and create a serious health hazard to both children and pets. Make it a hard and fast rule that kids are never in the car by themselves. Even if the temperatures are clement, they can still find ways to get themselves into trouble while you’re gone!
Want more tips on how to baby proof your new Toyota? Come on into our dealership at 16851 State Road 50 and chat with one of our sales specialists. We’re located just west of the Florida Turnpike… see you soon!
© 2016 Cox Media Group.