When you come out to Toyota of Orlando to find a vehicle, you certainly have a lot of choices to consider. What model will you choose? What trim-level? Should you choose manual or automatic? What performance capabilities will you need to fulfill? Before you make any of them, you should sit down and think about what job your new Toyota in Orlando will have to take care of. Are you going to be towing or hauling? Do you want something sporty and responsive to take on the track? What will your day-to-day drive time be like?
Should you choose front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive?
One of the questions that we hear often when it comes to new Toyota in Orlando is whether front-wheel drive is more desirable than rear-wheel drive. Our Toyota dealership in Central Florida is taking a closer look at both to give you a better idea and help you make the decision for yourself!
First of all, what’s the difference between front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive when it comes to your new Toyota in Orlando? That’s easy enough – here’s the breakdown:
Front-wheel drive vehicles have a transmission that sends power to the wheels in the front, and they’re the ones that get your car moving.
Rear-wheel drive vehicles have a transmission that sends power to the back wheels so they can power your movement.
Explore the options in your new Toyota in Orlando
So, which is the better bet for your new Toyota in Orlando? That really depends on what type of performance you’re looking for, so we’ve broken down the advantages of both for you to take a look at!
Advantages of front-wheel drive:
If your new Toyota is a front-wheel drive, you’ll find better fuel economy on your side! Front-wheel drive cars tend to be a little bit lighter in terms of curb weight, which means enhanced fuel efficiency.
- Front-wheel drive cars often offer better traction, especially in slippery driving conditions. Your front-wheel drive Toyota has its powering wheels placed right under the heavy engine, giving you more control in less-than-desirable conditions!
- You’ll also find more interior space on a front-wheel drive car; this is because the elements that power the car are primarily located in the front under the hood.
Advantages of rear-wheel drive:
There are definitely advantages to rear-wheel drive, too. If your new Toyota or new Scion in Orlando meets this criteria, you’ll find elements like:
- Greater acceleration – the wheels that power the car are in the rear, so you’ll get all the get-up-and-go you could want.
- Cheaper and simpler repairs - a lot of the time it’s both cheaper and easier to repair a car that’s rear-wheel drive.
- You’ll also find better responsiveness both in terms of steering and handling, as well as stopping power. This is why so many sports car aficionados prefer rear-wheel drive options for an exciting drive time!
Still not sure which is the best bet for you? Swing by Toyota of Orlando today to try both options out! We’re open seven days a week until 10pm and we’re conveniently located just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.