*This is a sponsored article by Toyota of Clermont*
Spring is here, and summer is coming! That doesn’t only mean warm weather is headed our way – it also means that hordes of tourists will be coming, too. Summer is prime time for out-of-towners to hit the theme parks, which means our local roads become a lot more crowded. However, Toyota of Clermont has tips to help you beat it, as well as advice on how to handle it if you just can’t avoid it. Let’s get started!
Don’t stress when stuck in heavy traffic
- Turn up the radio. Whether you’re listening to an audiobook, streaming your favorite playlists, or learning a new language, try to utilize your time stuck in heavy traffic for good. If it feels like “me time” that you put to good use, you’re less likely to resent it.
- Keep snacks around. Getting hangry is never a good thing, so keep snacks on hand in case you get an urge to munch while you’re stuck in traffic.
- Use defensive driving. Heavy traffic means a higher chance of a collision, so you need to proactively be on the lookout for dangerous situations so you can avoid them. This means keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road, and avoiding all distractions!
- Follow safe driving road rules. Just because someone else is driving like a jerk doesn’t mean you should jump on the bandwagon. Plus, following rules like leaving enough distance between cars and using your turn signals will lessen your chances of getting into an accident.
- NEVER rush. Rushing just equates to more dangerous driving conditions. It’s better to be late than to never arrive at all!
Toyota of Clermont shares tips to beat the road rush
However, there are ways to avoid traffic altogether! Toyota of Clermont recommends taking steps ahead of your departure time, like:
- Checking the weather! We all know that rain can make a big (bad) difference on Central Florida roads. Give yourself some extra time if you’re going to be driving in wet weather.
- Checking traffic. You can use the Entune App Suite in your new Clermont Toyota to do it – get real-time or predictive updates so you can choose an alternate route if your normal one is clogged up.
- Knowing your way around. Use navigation located in your ride to take you on an alternate route… the last thing you want to do is get lost and waste more time.
- Giving yourself more time. Rushing just ups your shot of getting into a collision. If you’ve checked weather and traffic a little earlier, you’ll be able to leave a little bit earlier to arrive on time.
Want more tips, or want to check out new Toyota technology to help you with traffic? Visit Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50. We’re just off the Florida Turnpike!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.