*This is a sponsored article by Toyota of Clermont*
Are you planning an exciting trip for the summer? You may think you have just about every detail lined up from location to airfare to where you’re staying once you get there to all the restaurants you’re going to eat, but have you thought about airport parking yet? This is something that can put a damper on the most enthusiastic pre-trip excitement. But not to worry, here at Toyota of Clermont we compiled a list of our best airport parking tips to make traveling just a smidge easier and keep your Clermont Toyota and all that’s in it in pristine condition while you’re away!
Find the best options and discounts before you leave
Long term airport parking can be a hassle and expensive. The standard rate at the Orlando International Airport is usually about $17 a day which can add up pretty quickly. Luckily, you have other options beyond your standard terminal garage parking. Here are some of the best alternatives we found:
1) Use a 24/7 airport parking company near MCO.
- Xpress Airport Valet Parking: A fast valet service with available luggage service.
- Signature Airport Parking: Be transported the classy way, with a Mercedes shuttle service only two miles away from MCO.?
2) Reserve a spot ahead of time with an Orlando Airport parking company.
- WallyPark: Choose a covered or uncovered spot for your Clermont Toyota vehicle.
- FastPark & Relax: Receive complimentary shuttle and luggage service.?
3) Dig for discounts and coupons on select websites and applications.
- Official Airport Parking Page: Find the cheapest parking rates available.
- Groupon: You can occasionally find some MCO parking garage deals here.
- SpotHero: Sells additional inventory to flyers at cheaper rates and can be used as a phone application as well.
- FlySmart: See parking spot openings on your phone with this app.?
4) Utilize park, stay, and fly packages at hotels near MCO. With this option you can take care of parking the night before the flight, and then be shuttled off to MCO hassle-free in the morning. Log on to these hotels websites to see daily rates.
- Orlando Airport Marriot
- Comfort Suites Orlando Airport
- Ramada Suites
Do a double check on your Clermont Toyota
Once you choose the way you want to tackle airport parking, there are a couple of things you should do for your vehicle before you set out on your vacation.
- Make sure to get a routine maintenance check before you head to the airport. After a long trip the last thing you want to deal with is a car malfunction. So make a pit stop into our Clermont Toyota dealership before you leave. Our service staff will do a quick check-up and have your car running in tip-top condition for when you return home.
- Don’t let your valuables fall victim to car theft. Hide or take out all of your important and valuable possessions. Don’t leave that iPod or emergency cash bag in the backseat of your car. You can hide belongings under seats or store them in your locked glove box. However, we recommend taking them out altogether.
- Be wary of the damages the Florida heat can cause. If you choose an uncovered parking option make sure to remove any items that will be ruined when exposed to higher temperatures - water bottles, snacks, makeup, and medicine- to name a few. And to protect your interior invest in a windshield sun protector while you’re away.
We hope these tips help give you some peace of mind and make traveling easier for you and your family this summer. Toyota of Clermont is always here to help with any of your car-related matters. Feel free to give us a call if you’d like to schedule your pre-trip car maintenance or if you have any other questions at (866) 454-1614. Safe travels!
© 2017 Cox Media Group.