When was the last time you took a good, long look at the 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Orlando? If you did, you’d probably first of all notice its resemblance to its predecessor – the Toyota FJ40. However, the longer you looked at it the more likely it is that you’d realize it’s not your ordinary SUV… in fact, it looks like it could tackle rugged terrain on another planet!
New Toyota FJ Cruiser offers tough performance and features
At first, we thought it was just us at Toyota of Orlando. However, our opinion was soon corroborated by Autocar – they dubbed both the new Toyota FJ Cruiser and the new Scion iQ as top-ten contestants in the “Top Ten Vehicles From Another Planet”! Finally, someone who agrees that it looks like this new Toyota SUV was designed for the Red Planet!
What makes this unique SUV both tough and out of the ordinary? The design itself is eye-catching an individual; as we noted earlier, it retains a box-like shape similar to the Toyota FJ40. However, Toyota has also modernized it and added features that are key to traversing rough terrain! Check out elements like:
- 4x2 or 4x4, as well as the choice between manual and automatic transmissions
- An interior that showcases heavy-duty all-weather flooring, as well as water-resistant fabric on the seats so cleanup is as simple as possible (even if you get moondust all over the place)
- A cargo deck that’s got tie-down cleats and the same heavy-duty flooring featured throughout the cabin for extra durability
- Protective skid plates that cover your engine, transfer case, front suspension and transfer case
- A towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds
What makes this new Toyota in Orlando unique?
However, most of those features can be found on several other new Toyota in Orlando, such as the 2013 Toyota Tacoma. Toyota decided to up the ante with the new Toyota FJ Cruiser and include special elements, such as:
- Water-fording abilities – thanks to a specially protected electrical system and elevated air intake, this new Toyota can take on water up to 28 inches deep without a problem
- Carefully designed arrival and departure angle, so you can climb steeper hills than you’d usually be able to handle and avoid ground contact
- The ability to jack your Toyota FJ Cruiser free of any obstacles
- A larger breakover angle – this means you can clear uneven terrain more easily than in other new Toyota options
The 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Orlando also comes with features like a three-spoke steering wheel with Bluetooth and audio controls mounted on it, a floating-ball instrument panel with a compass and inclinometer, and phenomenal safety features like the Star Safety System, Active Traction Control and CRAWL Control.
Come see it for yourself – this new Toyota is out of this world! The 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser can be yours for just over $27,000 and all you have to do is swing by Toyota of Orlando to test its capabilities. We’re open until 10pm every day – schedule your test drive at (888) 725-3520!
© 2017 Cox Media Group.