Did you know that the Toyota Prius in Orlando has actually been around for almost 17 years? It was initially introduced in the US in 2000, but before that it became available to drivers in Japan in 1997. Since then, this incredible eco-friendly hybrid has grown by leaps and bounds to become the popular new Toyota that it is today. It’s the best-selling hybrid in the world, and has a slew of other impressive awards under its belt… that’s why Toyota of Orlando is so eager to explore its full and exciting history!
A first look at this Orlando Toyota Hybrid
Like we said, the first Toyota Prius hit US shores back in 2000. It was introduced in order to give consumers an exceptionally environmentally friendly way to get around town, and it definitely hit that mark. In fact, Toyota had been working on the hybrid technology under the hood – the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive System – since 1992 to ensure that it delivered an eco-friendly and fuel-efficient performance. Here are just a few notable points in the long history of this popular hybrid!
- Initially, drivers loved that the Toyota Prius in Orlando was a go green option. They did, however, have concerns over its performance – the first model didn’t have much to offer in terms of horsepower, so Toyota made it their mission (and accomplished the goal) to improve this aspect of performance.
- In 2003, a whole new Toyota Prius was brought to the table. It featured a new look to keep things fresh, but also offered a better performance. If happened to test drive this Orlando Toyota Prius, you’d notice improved power and performance, as well as better fuel efficiency. Emissions were also reduced as the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive system technology continued to be refined!
- 2009 brought another new member to the family – the third-generation model was introduced, and with it brought an even more refined hybrid technology system under the hood. This translated to less emissions and more fuel efficiency, and this new Toyota hybrid even delivered modifications that made the car lighter (which leads to better fuel economy AND performance).
The Toyota Prius Persona Series brings new light to the family
Since then, this new Toyota hybrid has only continued to improve. New members have been added to the family, such as the Toyota Prius c, Prius v, and Prius Plug-in. Additionally, a special edition Persona Series came to fruition last year! It features elements like:
- Three incredible paint colors, including hues like Black Cherry Pearl and Blizzard Pearl
- 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels with a dark graphite finish
- An interior that’s trimmed in sporty SofTex material – it’s a charcoal gray with contrasting red stitching
- Incredible technology, such as navigation services wound into the display audio system and Toyota’s Entune for connectivity
As you can see, this new Toyota hybrid has a lot to offer anyone who climbs behind the wheel. Why not come check it out in person? We’ve got the whole family here at Toyota of Orlando just waiting for your test drive. Give us a call at (888) 725-3520, or just pop by. We’re open until 10pm seven days a week!
© 2017 Cox Media Group.