Are you thinking about trading in your Orlando used car at our Toyota dealership in Central Florida, or pondering selling it privately? Either way, there are specific steps you should take to prepare it for its next owner (and to ensure you get top dollar when you do sell it). Toyota of Orlando has tips from you straight from our Used Car Director on exactly how you should prep your vehicle – read on!
What documents should you have on hand when selling your Orlando used car?
Whether you want to sell privately or bring your Orlando used car in to see how much you can get for a trade-in, you’ll need to prep your car and make sure you have everything you need to successfully sell it. If you come to our dealership, all you need to bring is your title, driver’s license, and the keys. However, if you’re going to be selling your car privately you should collect certain documents for the prospective buyers, including:
- Maintenance and repair records so they can see the vehicle has been cared for and will continue to provide a reliable performance
- A vehicle history report, such as a Carfax report. New owners can often get this report themselves (especially at our dealership – we provide these reports alongside our used cars in Orlando), but it shows that you’re confident about your car when you hand it to them.
- Any warranties you might have on the vehicle, especially those that might exist for parts like tires or batteries.
Prep your vehicle for sale or trade-in
That’s not all you’ll need to do in order to get your vehicle ready, though! Here are some more tips on how you can get your Orlando used car in great shape before it’s time to hand it over!
- Give your used car a wash and wax; this will help to accentuate the paint and how great of condition it’s in. You should also polish the wheels and shine up your tires, as well as clean the glass in the car. Put your best foot forward!
- Don’t forget about the inside, either. Vacuum out your vehicle and be sure to clear out any junk – this goes for the trunk or rear cargo area, too. Wipe down all surfaces so they’re clean and dust-free. This will help the future owner better envision the car as their own!
- Once you’ve dealt with appearance, change your tactics to worry about what’s under the hood! Make any small repairs that might be needed, like swapping out lightbulbs or fuses. You should also top off all fluids and make sure that you’ve gotten a recent oil change so the new owner can drive off with a clean, full oil reservoir.
Still have questions or eager to trade-in your vehicle? Come see us at Toyota of Orlando today! We’ll make you a cash offer on the spot and give you top dollar for your trade-in so you can drive home happy. We’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall – set up your appraisal appointment at (888) 725-3520!
© 2017 Cox Media Group.