You’ve done it! You’ve finally found the used car of your dreams and you’re ready to meet it. You located it in an ad or on a website, and you’ve scheduled a meeting or an appointment with the seller. This will be your time to decide whether or not this car is worth your hard-earned money. So, how do you do that? Before you purchase an Orlando used car, it’s important that you fully inspect it! If you’re not sure how to inspect a pre-owned car, our used car dealership in Orlando has some tips for you!
How to inspect a used car
You’re finally seeing this car face to face, now what? It’s time to get up close and personal. After you take a test drive, examine the ins and outs of the car to determine it is in a condition that is up to par for you. If you’re not sure where to start, use our tips!
Examine the exterior
First impressions are important. If the car doesn’t make a great first impression based on its initial appearance, you may want to keep looking. If the condition appears good, make sure you get a closer look!
- Paint –check for dings, dents, scrapes or scratches in the paint that can affect value or cause rust.
- Glass –inspect the windows and windshields for cracking or damages that need repairing.
- Tires –Look for uneven wear or unsafe tread depth on auto tires before purchasing.
Inspect the interior
Open it up and check inside the cabin of the Orlando used car for any possible problems that would lower the value of the car and tempt you to purchase a different car!
- Upholstery – examine the seats and headliner for issues or damages like rips, stains, tears and holes.
- Carpet – inspect the flooring of the car for stains, dirt or grime that would depreciate the value.
- Cooling, heating, radio, etc. –test out gadgets and play with buttons, knobs and dials to ensure everything is in proper working condition.
Check under the hood
Check for yourself or have an Orlando Toyota service technician inspect the inner workings of the car like:
- Hoses and belts – scope out any loose or disconnected hoses and belts that could affect the performance of the car.
- Rust –inspect the engine bay for any rust or deterioration.
- Odd sounds and smells –keep your ears open and your nose aware of sounds or smells that are not typical of a car in good condition.
If you’re looking for peace of mind when purchasing a pre-owned vehicle, stop your searching and head to Toyota of Orlando. We have a variety of pre-owned cars in different makes and models that have all been through a thorough safety inspection. They also have all been primped and polished until they glow with pride! You’re guaranteed to find a reliable used car in pristine condition with an affordable price at Toyota of Orlando!
Are you ready to get behind the wheel of a used car that passes the inspection every time? Visit Toyota of Orlando to take a test drive in one of our pre-owned cars. We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, just off of I-4!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.