It’s been all over the news lately that Toyota and BMW are joining forces – but what exactly does this mean for our Orlando Toyota dealership? Rumors abound, from a co-developed new Toyota Supra to incredible hydrogen fuel cell technology that will enhance fuel efficiency even further. While we don’t have concrete details yet, we’ve got the details on what new Toyota in Orlando might bring to the table in the future thanks to the collusion of these industry giants! Let’s take a look!
Will Toyota and BMW bring a new Toyota Supra to Orlando?
One of the biggest (and most exciting, in our opinion) rumors is that Toyota and BMW are combining brainpower to create and implement a new sports car – more specifically, an updated Toyota Supra. The Toyota Supra is one of the most-loved cars in the lineup, and Toyota of Orlando would be thrilled to welcome it back onto the lot!
The new Toyota Supra is rumored to feature:
- A drive design similar to that of the Orlando Scion FR-S
- A flexible driving platform that can utilize more than one type of engine (so customizing your performance will be easier than ever)
- A 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that’s turbocharged for incredible power
And even the option of a hybrid drivetrain! Can you imagine owning a hybrid sports car? Time will tell… we can’t wait to see if these rumors actually produce a similar new Toyota in Orlando!
Fuel-efficiency is on the to-do list for Toyota and BMW
However, an incredible new sports car isn’t the only thing that Toyota and BMW will be collaborating on. They’ll also be putting their heads together to work on new technologies to enhance the performance of their cars. You might find a new Toyota that offers a lithium battery, or is made of incredibly light materials! Here’s a rundown:
- Toyota and BMW are working on hydrogen fuel cell technology. This technology would allow your new Toyota to drive almost 400 miles on just ONE tank of hydrogen. This by far outstrips both hybrid and electric cars currently on the market. These two automotive manufacturers just have to find an efficient and safe way to compress hydrogen for this purpose!
- They’re also working on developing and implementing new lightweight materials, which would also enhance fuel efficiency. The less weight your new Toyota has to move around, the less fuel it requires – and the more vroom you get in your driving experience!
- Toyota and BMW are working on lithium batteries. This is essential research in the world of electric cars – lithium batteries are more powerful than the lithium-ion battery currently being utilized. A more powerful battery means longer drive time on one charge, as well as increase efficiency!
We can’t wait to see what’s on the table when these two finally show off the results of their collaboration – stay tuned! In the meantime, visit Toyota of Orlando to see what amazing technological options our cars offer. We’re at 3575 Vineland Road, and you can make an appointment for a test drive at (888) 725-3520 today!
© 2017 Cox Media Group.