It’s been a tough couple of weeks here in Orlando, but in response to the tragic Pulse Nightclub shooting everyone has been asking, “How can I help?” We have assembled a page of resources and ways that you can get involved. As a community, our response has been overwhelmingly positive and there are still a number of things that can be done.
Monetary Donations to Orlando Regional Medical Center and the Level One Trauma Center:
Two options have been set up for individuals and organizations looking to support Orlando Regional Medical Center and the Level One Trauma Center. Please share the following with friends, family and neighbors who are asking how they can help support:
• Text “Orlando” to 20222 to donate $10 to ORMC’s Level One Trauma Center (the donation will be added to your cell phone carrier bill).
• For additional questions or inquiries regarding monetary donations to Orlando Health, please email OrlandoHealthGiving@OrlandoHealth.com or call 407.841.5194.
Well-wishes and Cards for Orlando Regional Medical Center and the Level One Trauma Center Team Members:
• To send well-wishes and cards to the trauma team here at Orlando Health, mail them to:
1414 Kuhl Avenue, MP #83
Orlando, FL 32806
• OneBlood still needs donations but they are asking that you make an appointment online at www.OneBlood.org
• There is an urgent need for O Negative, O Positive and AB Plasma.
City of Orlando – Ways to Help:
Family Emergency Hotline:
City of Orlando Translation Volunteers:
• Send an email with subject line “Translation Volunteer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Include: name, telephone number and your email address within the body of email
Food, Beverage and Dry Good Donations:
• Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is collecting dry food and water donations. Call for pick up or deliver to 411 Mercy Drive, Orlando, FL 32805 Monday-Saturday 8-4 pm. http://www.feedhopenow.org
Misc. Donations to LGBT Center:
• The LGBT Center is in need of gift cards (Walmart, Target, gas stations), first aid supplies and hygiene products. Find out more information here: http://www.thecenterorlando.org/
Help for Pulse Employees:
• The owner of Pulse Night Club has created a fundraising site to help club employees affected by the shooting: www.pulseorlandoclub.com and is operated through a secured PayPal system.
T-Shirts, Art and More
• Stay Strong Orlando T-Shirt, Charity: The Center and Equality Florida, Donation: 100% of net profits
• We are Orlando T-Shirt, Charity: The Center, Donation: 100% of proceeds
• #OrlandoUnited T-Shirt, Charity: OneOrlandoFund, Donation: 100% of net proceeds
• Together Orlando T-Shirt, Charity: Unspecified, Donation: All proceeds
• City Beautiful: A Compilation for Pulse (music download here), Charity: GoFundMe Pulse Victims Fund via Equality Florida
• The City Beautiful Benefit Poster, Charity: The Center, Donation: 100% of profits
*Warning: Unfortunately, there are retailers and artists selling merchandise showing Orlando support with no plan to donate their earnings to charity. Make sure to research the seller and make sure that your money is going towards a legitimate cause.
Our city has experienced something that many others have not. However, a violent act of hate meant to tear our city apart has caused us to unite under the banner of love. That being said, Orlando is undergoing a healing process. There are many people who are hurting. A smile or a hug can go a long way. These are some ideas on to spread love:
• Give a $5 gift card to a stranger
• Write a note that lets someone know that they are valued
• When you are at the drive-thru window, pay for the car behind you
• Give affirmation when you see someone doing a good job
• Put gas in someone’s car
© 2018 Cox Media Group.