ORLANDO, Fla. — Why Volunteer with Seniors First
Time is the greatest gift you can give. Seniors First volunteers know how good it feels to see the face of an elderly client brighten when they walk in the door. Our volunteer visits are often the highlight of a client’s day, breaking up the countless hours they spend alone at home. Volunteers are a vital part of the care we provide….and they are always needed.
The Benefits of Volunteering
- You get to make a real difference – Often just spending time listening to and talking with our clients helps to enrich their lives. They really look forward to your visits.
- You meet new people – Volunteering is a great way to meet others with common interests.
- It relieves stress – Studies show volunteering improves mood and reduces stress and anxiety.
- You get to bond with another generation – When you volunteer you become a student and a teacher. Sharing between generations enriches us all.
- You strengthen your ties to the community – Nothing makes you feel more connected to your neighborhood and city than involving yourself in activities that benefit others.
You can join our effort to help vulnerable seniors age safely at home where they are happiest. Together, we can each do a small part to improve the lives of so many. Please contact Maureen Sullivan, at 407.373.7752 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Delivery of Meals
Volunteers are the heart of Meals On Wheels. Caring and compassionate individuals deliver hot, healthy meals to recipients’ homes Monday through Saturday, rain or shine. For more information on how to get started click here.
Our Neighborhood Lunch program offers a great one-time opportunity for groups of 8-10 to spend some time and share a little love with our mobile seniors who come together for a meal, games and social activities. We have 14 sites across Orange County.
Donation Drives: Neighborhoods, businesses, church or civic groups can benefit seniors by holding personal care, housecleaning or food pantry drives. To view our needs lists, click here.
Our food pantry is open to the public the 2nd and 4th Wednesday and the 3rd Saturday of each month from 9am-11am. Volunteers are needed to sort and stock donations and to assist with food distribution on pantry days. For more information about volunteering contact Volunteer Coordinator, Maureen Sullivan at email@example.com or 407-373-7752. To donate, view our pantry needs list here.
To learn more about The UPS Store: https://www.theupsstore.com/
© 2020 Cox Media Group