LAKELAND, Fla — Sunday evening the Lakeland fire department responded to a fire call at 1207 Walnut St. and found a home completely consumed by fire.
The flames and smoke were so strong that crews had to stay outside to fight the fire until it was under control.
The fire spread to a van parked nearby and crews feared a store next door might fall victim to the flames as the fire grew so as a precaution they evacuated the store.
Once the fire was extinguished, firefighters determined the cause of the fire was an electrical issue.
No injuries were reported and the American Red Cross is helping the family.
©2022 Cox Media Group