The Northwest Daily News reports the fire broke out Tuesday evening in Freeport, which is in the Florida Panhandle.
A Walton County Fire Rescue news release says when crews arrived, the residents and the family's dog were outside the burning house. The family told firefighters the dog recently had nine puppies that were still inside.
Crews could not save the puppies.
Officials say the fire is believed to have been caused by electrical issues. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.