• Beeping thermometer causes evacuation in South Florida restaurant

    Updated:
    BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A popular Florida restaurant was evacuated as a bomb squad searched for a suspicious item. Turns out, it was just a thermometer with a low battery.

    An official with the Boynton Beach Police Department said the Texas Roadhouse was evacuated Thursday night as a precaution as officers searched the area.

    Several fire departments also responded to the call. But the culprit was merely a beeping thermometer with a low battery.



    DOWNLOAD: Free WFTV News & Weather Apps

    Not near a TV? Click here to watch WFTV newscasts live

    Watch Live: Doppler 9 HD 

    Next Up: