PORT CHARLOTTE -- A three-vehicle collision Sunday morning at the intersection of Cochran Boulevard and U.S. 41 seriously injured a Punta Gorda man.
Robert Gurreri, 74, was riding a motorcycle eastbound in the right-hand turn lane of Cochran Boulevard, turning onto U.S. 41 on the green light, when a southbound driver crashed into him, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report. Gurreri was ejected from the motorcycle when he hit the U.S. 41 raised concrete median and struck a third vehicle traveling northbound.
Gurreri was airlifted by helicopter to Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers, where he was listed in serious condition.
Vesta Ferguson, 81, of Port Charlotte, who was driving a Hyundai Elantra, was ticketed for failing to yield the right of way from a red traffic signal, the report shows. She was not injured.
The driver of the third vehicle, James Cusimano, 60, of Fort Myers, also did not receive any injuries in his GMC Terrain.
Traffic on U.S. 41 was delayed for several hours as Charlotte County Fire/EMS crews cleared the wreckage.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrest:
- Peter Christopher Parry, 38, 3300 block of Easy St., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: two convictions for violation of an injunction). Bond: none.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
- Scott Quinzi, 46, 800 block of St. Claire Circle, Venice. Charge: DUI. Bond: $500.
- Lisa Wright, 53, 1800 block of Faun Road, Venice. Charges: resisting an officer and violation of probation (original charges: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of narcotic equipment). Bond: $3,000.
- Donald Fox, 48, 12000 block of Dorado Drive, North Port. Charges: violation of probation (original charges: driving with a suspended license and receiving/selling/distributing drugs), petty theft and resisting an officer in the recovery of stolen property. Bond: none.
- Devon Hall, 18, 4300 block of Ulster Ave., North Port. Charges: possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $9,500.
-- Compiled by Gary Roberts and Madison Heid
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.