16-month-old accidentally swallows heroin, Melbourne police say

MELBOURNE, Fla. — A 16-month-old child was given three doses of Narcan after accidentally swallowing heroin on Wednesday, according to investigators.

Melbourne police responded to a Melbourne Fire Department station and met with 28-year-old Nathaniel Clay, who told officers his 16-month-old daughter may have accidentally ingested heroin.

Orange County couple arrested after posting videos of child abuse on social media, deputies say

The child was taken to a local hospital where she was given three doses of Narcan, police said. A brown substance that later field-tested positive as heroin was found on the child’s shirt, police said.

Clay told authorities the child was exposed to the drug while visiting an associate in north Melbourne. According to the arrest report, Clay pointed a gun at the associate and threatened to shoot him if he told anyone.

2 dead after car strikes guardrail on State Road 50, deputies say

Clay was charged with child neglect.

FDLE issues missing child alert for 12-year-old girl last seen in Miami

Adam Poulisse, WFTV.com

Adam Poulisse joined WFTV in November 2019.