CLERMONT, Fla. — A doctor accused of sexually battering a 16-year-old girl was arrested Tuesday, according to Clermont police.
Police said Matthew Johnson is an acupuncturist at One Yoga and Fitness on Bowman Street, where he allegedly sexually abused the victim.
They said the victim had been a patient of Johnson’s for a few weeks.
- Prosecutor: Baby found dead in baby swing died of diaper rash
- Markeith Loyd's lawyers have new questions about the night of his arrest
- Troopers to crack down on speeding drivers on I-4
- Video: Police: Woman, 84, keeps getting arrested for driving without a valid license
"There's an inherent trust between doctors and patients. You don't go into a doctor's office expecting to be victimized," said Sgt. Shane Strickland of the Clermont Police Department.
The owner of One-Yoga and Fitness said she's blindsided and devastated over the allegations.
She said she changed the locks so Johnson cannot come back.
Johnson was arrested at his home in Groveland and charged with sexual battery. He is being held in the Lake County Jail.
Police encourage anyone to come forward and file a police report if they feel they have been a victim of a crime.
If anyone has any additional information concerning this case, they should call detectives at 352-536-8421.
- 2 killed, 1 injured when gyrocopter crashes into Florida mobile home
- Mom reunited with son who was abducted in 1987
- Deputies: Man arrested after plotting to sexually assault, murder and eat child
- Video: Documents unveil elements of new Universal Orlando theme park
Cox Media Group