• Daytona Beach leasing office destroyed in fire

    Updated:

    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - A leasing office in Daytona Beach caught fire and destroyed the building early Friday morning, authorities said.

    Firefighters said when they arrived at the scene they saw heavy smoke and huge flames shooting from the building.

    Officials said the firefighters were able to put out the blaze and keep it from spreading to other buildings.

    The fire started from an electrical outlet that had a plug-in air freshener, officials said.

    The building has been ruled a total lost, and firefighters believe the blaze caused about $50,000 worth of damages.

    No injuries were reported.

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Daytona Beach leasing office destroyed in fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Special election for sales tax increase could cost a million