FLORIDA — 🐊 Take a look at some of the wildest and most interesting stories that have frightened and fascinated Floridians this year:
Dash cam video shows officers capturing the 7-foot-long gator:
- Officers to the rescue! A 5-foot alligator was spotted in a Winter Haven neighborhood in May. A police officer lassoed the gator while another officer threw a towel over its eyes. Read full article here.
- When all odds are against you: Mating season and a homeowner's association were preventing a woman from having a 4-foot gator removed from her backyard. She was recording her son playing with an inflatable gator, and when she finished filming, she noticed the gator hanging out in the background of the shot the entire time. Read full article here.
Watch video below:
- That time a snake tried to eat a gator: Have you ever felt sorry for an alligator? One man did. In June, a man had the daring task of rescuing a small alligator from the grips of a 10-foot-long Burmese python in the Everglades. Read full article here.
Jack Hubbard, of Lakeland, posted the rescue video:
- Educated alligator? A gator was calmly waiting outside the doors of Frostproof Middle-Senior High School in Polk County. One deputy quipped, "This guy just showed up for summer school. Guess gators aren't really smart after all, huh?" Read full article here.
- When gators get feisty: A trapper and an officer in Ocoee got a more than they bargained for. The video below shows the trapper trying to restrain the gator, and as he was trying to capture it, the animal headbutted the trapper, knocking him out cold. Read full article here.
- How did the gator cross the road? With the help of two women! A viewer said she was sitting at a red light on Colonial Drive when two women got out of their cars to help an alligator cross the road. The alligator might have wandered from nearby Lake Downey. Read Full article here.
- "There is a gator eating a man!" Thank goodness the 85-year-old man survived when a gator chomped down on his foot at the Big Cypress Golf and Country Club in Lakeland. People who witnessed the attack were horrified. Read full article.
Well, that wraps up 2018. See you later, alligator! 🐊
Cox Media Group