MARION COUNTY, Fla. — A school supply drive in Marion County is kicking off Thursday.
Officials said “Mission: Bus Brigade – Supply Their Success” is a summer drive to gather school supplies for Marion County’s homeless students and students in need.
The program provides school supplies to 29 elementary schools, 10 middle schools, eight high schools and eight additional educational institutions in the district.
The mission offers local residents the opportunity to donate new school supplies, children’s clothing, shoes, personal hygiene items and financial contributions.
“Mission: Bus Brigade” will also participate in the “Back to School Bash” with the Marion County Children’s Alliance on July 31, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Friends Recycling Center, officials said.
On Aug. 3, known as “Super Tuesday,” additional donations will be accepted at these Ocala locations:
- 9 a.m. – County Commissioner Meeting (McPherson Government Complex).
- 10:30 a.m. – Ocala/Marion County Association of Realtors (3105 NE 14th St.).
- 11:30 a.m. – Staples (1901 E. Silver Springs Boulevard).
- 12:30 p.m. – Staples (Shady Oaks Shopping Center, SW State Road 200, Ocala).
- 1:30 p.m. – VFW Post 4781 (9401 SW 110th Street).
For more information, contact Homeless Liaison Thomas Butler at 352-671-6847.
©2021 Cox Media Group