• Man wanted following Pine Hills fatal fire turns self in after talking with WFTV


    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - A man wanted on arson and three first-degree murder charges turned himself in early Thursday morning.

    Orange County Sheriff's investigators had issued an arrest warrant Wednesday for Larunne Richardson, 37, in connection with the deaths of a woman and two children found in a burned out Pine Hills apartment in March.

    The bodies of Fils-Aime, 29, her nephews, 8-year-old Jacque Gustave and 6-year-old Samuel Gustave, were found following the blaze. Richardson was injured in the apartment fire.

    Richardson spoke with WFTV as he turned himself in at the Orange County Jail. He said he turned himself in because investigators were mounting a manhunt to find him.

    Channel 9's Mario Boone asked Richardson, "They've charged you with three counts of first-degree murder.  What do you want to say to that?" 

    Richardson said, "I did not do [it].  I lost (my) best friend, nephews."

    Richardson's attorney sat in on the interview and said his client has trouble speaking because he was injured in the fire.

    "Did you set the fire?  Did you take those lives?" asked Boone.

     "No.  No.  I love her.  I love her.  My best friend and, and nephew," Richardson replied.

    Richardson told investigators two unknown men started the fire, but authorities said they have evidence linking him to the triple homicide.

    The Medical Examiner's Office told Channel 9 on Thursday that causes of death are confidential.

    Richardson said he also needed to turn himself in to show a judge he's not a flight risk.

    His attorney, Carlus Haynes, said, "If he's arrested and not in this area, it makes him look like a fugitive and he was running.  Of course, by the time the cameras get there he will be in shackles and handcuffs, and I just think that's part of the process they want to portray."

    Richardson is in jail without bond.

     Previous Stories:

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man wanted following Pine Hills fatal fire turns self in after talking with WFTV