ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — Orange County Government is offering its residents free sandbags to prepare for the peak of hurricane season.
The Orange County government said it is hosting a free, self-serve sandbag program for residents at four Orange County park locations beginning Monday, Aug. 19, and going through Saturday, Aug. 31.
The county said the following about its self-serve program:
- Do-it-yourself sandbag filling. Upon arrival at the park, go to the on-site park office to check in and receive instructions.
- All supplies will be provided (e.g., bags, tools, sand).
- There is a limit of 10 sandbags per household.
- Residents will be provided with a "how to" instructional sheet regarding how to fill, store and dispose of sandbags.
- Residents must present valid ID with Orange County residence.
- Sandbags available for filling on a first come, first served basis.
The sites that residents can visit for sandbags are:
© 2020 Cox Media Group