ORLANDO, Fla. — Five law enforcement agencies will conduct a two-day crosswalk enforcement operation in Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Deputies with the Orange and Osceola sheriff’s offices will join officers from the Kissimmee, St. Cloud and Casselberry police departments to conduct the fourth and final crosswalk enforcement operation of the year starting at 7:30 a.m.
The Orlando Police Department postponed the operation due to inclement weather.
Officials said the days were chosen because the number of fatal traffic crashes spike during the weeks following the end of daylight saving time.
Operation Best Foot Forward is a program that aims to educate drivers about Florida’s driver yield laws and curb the pattern of aggressive behavior toward pedestrians.
During the operation, plainclothes deputies and officers cross the street at marked crosswalks, giving drivers ample time to yield as Florida law requires.
Drivers who fail to comply may be issued a warning or a citation starting at $164 and three points on their license.
Here are the enforcement locations for Tuesday:
- Virginia Drive and N. Bumby Ave. - 7:30 to 9 a.m.
- 458 W. Livingston Street - 7:30 to 9 a.m.
- Livingston Street and Lee Avenue - 7:30 to 9 a.m.
- Michigan Avenue and Cayman Way - 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Edgewater Drive and Shady Lane - 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- North Doverplum Road and San Remo Road - 7:30 to 8:15 a.m.
- Buenaventura Blvd. and Briarwood Drive - 9:15-10 a.m.
- 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd. - 10:45-11:30 a.m.
- South Thacker Avenue and West Ernest Street - 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- Dyer Blvd. and Kensington Ave. - 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- 10th Street and Mississippi Avenue - 8:15 to 8:45 a.m.
- Lakeshore Blvd. and Maryland Avenue - 9 to 9:30 a.m.
- Old Canoe Creek Blvd. and 5th Street - 9:45 to 10:15 a.m.
Here are the enforcement locations for Wednesday:
- Pine Hills Road and El Trio Way - 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Alafaya Trail and University Blvd. - 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Rio Grande Avenue and 40th St. - 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Apopka Vineland Road North of Lake Street - 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Button Road and Seminola Blvd. - 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
© 2020 Cox Media Group