ORLANDO, Fla. — >>> CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE DOPPLER 9 <<<
The rain and heat return this week to Central Florida.
Here’s what we can expect for the rest of the week:
- Wednesday afternoon was hot, the high temperature reached 94 degrees at Orlando International Airport, 92 in Melbourne and Daytona Beach stayed at 87 as more clouds and rain were present in this region
- A cold front is moving really slow to the south. Scattered showers and isolated storms will continue overnight, mainly moving fast from west to east.
- On Thursday Marion, Volusia and northern Lake Counties will see a bit more sunshine than the southern tier of Central Florida, where showers are still expected.
- Highs will struggle to reach the low 70s and it will be windy, gusts could reach around 25 mph.
- A warm front will push back from the south to Central Florida developing scattered showers through the area on Friday. The temperatures will reach the mid to upper 80s.
Click here to download the free WFTV weather app, and watch your five-day forecast below:
Follow our Severe Weather team on Twitter for live updates:
- Chief meteorologist Tom Terry
- Brian Shields
- Irene Sans
- Kassandra Crimi
- George Waldenberger
- Rusty McCranie
© 2020 Cox Media Group