PALM BAY, Fla. - Palm Bay police said a 16-year-old boy was shot Sunday.
The shooting occurred on Weiman Road around 11:45 a.m., officers said.
Officers said they received several calls about a person lying in the road.
- Gov. DeSantis suspends SunPass fees until June, contractor fined $4.6M
- Deputies: 2 men shoot at boy, girl before shouting racial slurs at them in Lake County
- Texas boy reported missing since 2017 found in Sanford, police say
- Orlando officer’s unmarked vehicle damaged by ATV, dirt bike drivers kicking doors, police say
- ‘We are going to find you’: Deputies upping patrols after uptick in illegal ATV, motorcycle activity
When first responders arrived, they found the boy suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim was airlifted to a hospital for treatment, officers said. He is expected to survive.
A neighbor who asked to not be identified told Channel 9 that she saw someone cut through her yard shortly before the shooting, and she saw that person running away after a shot was fired.
Police said the victim planned to meet up with someone with whom he had been communicating through social media. They said the victim planned to sell the suspect marijuana when he was robbed and shot.
Investigators said Anthony Martin, 16, shot the victim, and Isiah Vanderwarker, 19, helped Martin get rid of the gun.
Martin faces juvenile charges of aggravated battery with a firearm and armed robbery with a firearm.
Happening now: Palm Bay Police investigating a shooting on Weimar Road. Palm Bay Police say a man was found laying in the road suffering from a gunshot wound. Didn’t say where he was shot or speak to a motive. Working on details @WFTV pic.twitter.com/v5I7msa1pS— Ashley Edlund (@AshleyEdlund) March 31, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.