ORLANDO, Fla. - An Orlando woman said Walgreens mistakenly gave her the wrong pills.
Evelyn Singleton said she's been taking the same blood pressure medication for years. So when she noticed her pills were a different size, she assumed she was just given the generic brand.
"I probably would've died; would've had a stroke or a heart attack," said Singleton. "That's my life. It's my life."
It turns out she was given the same medication at 10 times her normal dose.
The incident happened at the Walgreens on the corner of Hiawassee Road and old Winter Garden Road in Orlando.
Singleton has since transferred her prescriptions elsewhere. Her attorney says if the pharmacy doesn't make things right, they will go to court.
The pills were the same color and had the same
"I noticed a difference, but I thought it was generic when I was taking it," said Singleton.
She said taking one nearly killed her.
"I made it as far as the bed and I fell across the bed," said Singleton.
Despite the label on the bottle showing the pills contained 10 milligrams of medication, Evelyn Singleton's husband, Wade Singleton, called the pharmacy technician at the Walgreens and found out his wife had been given the 100 milligram dosage by mistake.
"At first, I said, 'Are you serious?'
;She said, 'Yes sir. The 10 milligram and the 100 milligram are on the same shelf right next to each other,'" said Wade Singleton.
It was the second time in a month WFTV found out that a Walgreens had been accused of mixing up prescriptions.
Another woman said that instead of allergy medication, she was given a drug used by diabetics to lower blood sugar.
The two women now have major medical bills, and that is something the families hope to have paid
by Walgreens and for Walgreens to give more training to its employees.