Old Navy is celebrating America's birthday and the company's 25th anniversary with a purple Independence Day shirt to remind people we are not "red" and "blue" but stronger when we come together.
Officials with the company said in a news release the purple shirt is "a salute to what unites us," by demonstrating what happens when red, white and blue join forces.
Old Navy officials said the company is also donating $25,000 to Open to All, a "nationwide public engagement campaign" against discrimination.
To further demonstrate Old Navy’s commitment to inclusion, the company will use its social media channels to highlight moments of inclusion from the past 25 years. These range from the company’s Pride shirts to honoring International Women’s Day and more.
- Make sure you know these new laws for Oklahoma drivers
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- MacKenzie Lueck: University of Utah student missing after taking Lyft from airport
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Iran calls new US sanctions 'outrageous and idiotic'
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group