OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. — An Orlando City soccer player was arrested Tuesday after he was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in Osceola County, the sheriff’s office said.
Osceola County deputies said the incident took place Sunday.
Just after 2 p.m. Monday, the woman reported “that two males sexually assaulted her,” according to deputies.
Investigators identified Jonathan Suarez-Cortes, a defender for Orlando City, and Rafael Suarez Jr., as the suspects involved in the incident.
Both men were booked into the Osceola County Jail and are being held without bail.
Earlier this month, Suarez-Cortes was acquired by Orlando City on a one-year loan with an option to buy.
Anyone with information about the case or a similar incident is asked to call the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office at 407-348-2222.
The soccer club released the following statement regarding Suarez-Cortes’ arrest:
“Late Tuesday night, Orlando City SC became aware that defender Jonathan Suárez was arrested in Osceola County. The Club takes these allegations very seriously and is currently gathering more information. No further comment will be provided by the Club until additional investigation of the alleged incident is complete.”